Crown’s Grounded Bridge™ design delivers large voltage swings without using easily stressed output- transistor configurations like conventional amplifiers. The results are lower distortion and superior reliability.
- Patented ODEP (Output Device Emulation Protection) circuitry compensates for overheating and overload to keep the amplifier working when others would fail.
- IOC® (Input/Output Comparator) circuitry immediately alerts of any distortion exceeding 0.05%, providing dynamic proof of distortion-free performance.
- PIP (Programmable Input Processor) connector accepts accessories that tailor the amplifier to suit specific applications.
- Two mono modes (Bridge-Mono and Parallel-Mono) for driving a wide range of load impedances.
- Very low harmonic and intermodulation distortion result in the best dynamic transfer function in the industry.
- High damping factor provides superior control over low frequency drivers for a clean, accurate low end.
- Full protection against shorted outputs, mismatched loads, input/output DC, general overheating, high-frequency overloads and internal faults.
- Dedicated power supply transformers isolate channels in Stereo mode for superb crosstalk characteristics and reliability— each channel is virtually a separate amplifier.
- Balanced inputs with internal three-position sensitivity switch and adjustable front-panel level controls.
- Versatile 5-way binding posts make it easy to connect output wiring.
- Ground lift switch isolates the AC power and phone jack audio grounds.
- Efficient heat sinks and a self-contained forced-air cooling system dissipate heat quickly and evenly for extra amplifier protection and greater power output.
- Extra rugged, extruded aluminum front panel with ODEP and signal presence/IOC indicators for each channel, and an Enable indicator.
- Mounts in a standard 19-inch (48.3-cm) equipment rack (units can also be stacked).
- 8 Ohm Stereo—310W/Ch
- 4 Ohm Stereo—480W/Ch
- 2 Ohm Stereo—675W/Ch
- 8 Ohm Bridge Mono—970W
- 4 Ohm Bridge Mono—1300W
- 2 Ohm Parallel Mono—965W
- 1 Ohm Parallel Mono—1300W
- Rated for 16, 8, 4, 2, and 1 (parallel mono only)
Ohm operation; safe with all types of loads, even totally reactive loads.
- 120VAC at 60 Hz with standard three-wire grounded connector for North American units; 100VAC, 120VAC, 220VAC, and 240VAC at 50 or 60 Hz when equipped with universal transformers, applicable fan assembly, and other applicable hardware with country specific power cord.
- ±0.1dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at 1 Watt.
- ±10° from 10 Hz to 20 kHz at 1 Watt.
Signal to Noise Ratio:
- A-weighted, better than 105 dB below full rated output. Better than 100 dB below full rated output from 20 Hz to 20 kHz.
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD):
- <0.05% from 20 Hz to 1 kHz, increasing linearly to 0.1% at 20 kHz at 500W.
- <0.05% from less than 164 milliwatts to 520 W at 26 dB gain.
- >13V per microsecond. (Slew rates are limited to useful levels for ultrasonic/RF protection.)
- >1000 from 10 Hz to 400 Hz.
- <10 millivolts.
- Nominally 20K ohms balanced; 10K ohms unbalanced.
- <10 milliohms in series with <2 microhenries.
- Output Device Emulation Protection (ODEP) limits drive in the event of dangerous dynamic thermal conditions without interrupting power. Current limiting for shorted load protection. DC/LF and common mode output current Fault circuitry to mute audio. Delay of 4 seconds from turn on mutes amplifier to prevent dangerous turn-on transients. A high voltage fuse in each main transformer primary and a low voltage power supply fuse in fan primary. Slew rate limiting to prevent RF burn out.
- Balanced 1/4 inch phone jacks. Balanced female XLR connector for each channel on the standard P.I.P.-FX module.
- Color-coded 5-way binding posts on 3/4 inch centers; spaced 3/4 inch apart.
Front Panel Controls:
- A front panel push button switch used to power the amplifier on and off. A detented front panel rotary potentiometer for each channel used to control the output level.
Back Panel Controls:
- A three-position switch which selects Stereo, Bridge-Mono, or Parallel-Mono mode.
- A ground lift switch used to isolate the phone jack input grounds from the chassis (AC) ground.
- A three-position switch located inside the P.I.P compartment selects 0.775V, 1.4V, or 26 dB voltage gain input sensitivity.
- Amber Enable indicator shows on/off status of low-voltage power supply.
- An Amber ODEP indicator for each channel shows the reserve energy status.
If no reserve energy is available the indicator will dim in proportion to ODEP limiting.
- A green SIGNAL/IOC two function indicator for each channel flashes to show that there is amplifier output.
The indicator flashes with brighter intensity if the amplifier causes any distortion of 0.05% or more.
- Black splatter-coat steel chassis with specially designed flow-through ventilation system.
- Standard EIA 310 front-panel rack mount with supports for supplemental rear corner mounting.
- 19 inches wide, 3.5 inches high, 16 inches deep behind front mounting surface.
- 44 lbs, 1 oz (20.0 kg). Shipping; 47 lbs (21.3kg).
*Unless noted otherwise, all specifications are based on driving an 8 ohm load per channel, both channels driven, the sensitivity switch in the 26dB position, the AC supply is 120VAC at 60Hz. Because our testing methods are more stringent than our published specifications, every Crown amplifier will exceed its published specifications.